You cannot blindly spend money on your vehicle to repair for small faults. Everyone wants to fix these little problems himself. For example, you are going for the long drive and face such a problem and there is no mechanic near about, you must fix this problem yourself. So you must learn these tips to do it Yourself Auto Repair. Following tips are described which are necessary to learn to prevent your troubles.
If your car is overheating, check the car radiator hose. This transfers the coolant to the car engine. If your radiator hose gets leakage, it will not sufficiently flow the coolant to the engine, so overheating ensues.
CAR WON’T START
If your car is not starting, what will you do to solve this problem? Following are few reasons for not starting a car on their solutions.
- Maybe cables are loose with the battery or battery is too low that it can’t start the car. Inspect, clean and tight both ends of cables with the battery. If a battery is low, recharge it.
- Bad starter relay wiring connections may be occurring. To fix it clean and tight these connections.
- Open Clutch pedal switch and bypass switch with jumper wire if engine cranks.
- Check either engine is seized due to internal failure. You can use handle and socket to see if the engine can be turned by hand if the engine is not locked up.
OUT OF GAS VEHICLE
If you are out of gas, it causes your vehicle to stop or fail to start. Use a special gauge for checking gas level. So always be aware of your car fuel.
CHANGE MOTOR OIL
Change the motor oil regularly as it is the part of coolant. Clean oil and filter will keep your car running smoothly.
CRITICAL TIP TO DO IT YOURSELF AUTO REPAIR
CHECK YOUR TIRES FOR WEAR AND TEAR
Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council, said, “Tires are critical to a vehicle’s handling and traction, and maintaining proper pressure is vitally important to vehicle safety. Underinflated tires are under stress and will wear unevenly, causing them to need to be replaced sooner. Routinely checking tire balance and wheel alignment reduces tire wear, improves handling, and increases fuel economy.”
So it is necessary to check the alignment and pressure of tires regularly because the faulty tires may cause big incidents.
It is simple to check the car tire tread. If Lincoln’s head above the tread, you must change the tires. If the vehicle pulls to one side, it reveals the alignment issue.
Following are few signs which tell you that you must check your car brakes
- Create noise when applying the brakes
- Vehicle pulls to one side while applying brakes
- If brake pedal creates vibration
- Brake lights illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard
These are the few tricks to do it Yourself Auto Repair. You may find more tricks on Cars.com.